PhD Program – Apply now!
The iSchool at the University of Missouri welcomes applications for Spring 2017 for admission to its interdisciplinary doctoral program housed in the School of Information Science & Learning Technologies (SISLT).
Deadlines for fall semester:
Priority admission: September 15
Regular admission: November 1
iSchool faculty are committed to collaborative, interdisciplinary approaches to their work, both within MU and among other research-extensive universities. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced study of contemporary learning and instructional theories;
- Human institutions, including libraries and archives, that support information access and cultural preservation;
- Human-centered systems design (e.g. interface and information access);
- Networked learning systems, including digital libraries and learning communities;
- Cyber-physical technologies (3-D modeling/printing);
- Information organization, seeking and use;
- Digital Humanities;
- Games for learning / Serious Games;
- Analytics and tools for open online communities like GitHub, Wikimedia, etc.;
- Patient emotional and informational support in online health communities & Nurse care coordination networks
Find out more about some of our ongoing research projects here: http://education.missouri.edu/information-science-learning-technologies/research/.
Learn about our faculty and staff here: http://education.missouri.edu/information-science-learning-technologies/people/.
Assistantships with full tuition waiver, health insurance, and stipend are available.
SISLT Student Services Office
Learn more: https://education.missouri.edu/degree/information-science-learning-technologies-phd/
Leave a Reply